Monday, August 13, 2007

Co-dependent Carrot Cake

As the true co-dependent I am, I felt the pain Ms. Maggie was going through by not getting a carrot cake for her birthday. I just had to take care of one of my friends (at lease I think I am a friend, I could be a nuisance, who knows) and bake her a carrot cake. Of course I always have an ulterior motive, like for instance; to get a free diet Pepsi now and then, get approval from my co-workers, be the center of attention for one fleeting second of my pathetic and lonely life. Please shed no tears for me, dam 'em up. So with the help of Sylvie's mixer I added a tablespoon of love, a dash of passion, and a cup of loooooove potion. So feel the love people, feel the love.

Recipe: From Cooks.com

THE BEST MOST MOIST CARROT CAKE THERE
IS!

1 1/2 c. unsifted all-purpose flour
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda

2 tsp. cinnamon
3 eggs
2 c. grated raw carrots
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. walnuts (if desired)

Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda,
cinnamon and salt in large bowl.






Beat eggs, oil and vanilla in small bowl.







Add to dry ingredients and blend.












Stir in carrots and walnuts (if desired).













Pour into greased and floured 13x9x2
inch pan. Pour into greased and floured 13x9x2 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.












Cool and spread with frosting.

FROSTING:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. butter
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in vanilla.

No comments: