Friday, July 25, 2008

Disaster!

I know I have been absent. It's not because I haven't been cooking but I haven't been inspired to do somethign new or blog worthy. But, yesterday I started planning my Thanksgiving dinner menu (I know I know it's only July. So what?) I wanted to try and make popovers and I got what looked like an awesome Emeril recipe from Food Network's website.

I read all the reviews and expected my first batch to fall. So I only baked 2. This is what they looked like when they came ou of the oven:



And after a couple minutes:



Now I thought oh well, they still look yummy. Till I took a bite and found them uncooked inside. It was just a doughy mush! I checked the recipe a dozen times and I ahd done exactly what it asked, with the exact ingredients in the exact amounts. I did notice that the mix was runny so I added some more flour and rebaked 2. Same result.

Does anyone out there have a true and tried recipe they wouldn't mind sharing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sylvie,

You may want to check your ovens temperature (ie oven thermometer) it could be that you have it set at the correct temperature but your oven might be running hot.
Jenny