Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pina colada cupcakes

Finally, a recipe from scratch that I like:

Ingredients:

1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
pinch salt
1/2 c. granulated sugar I used 3/4 c. sugar but they came out way too sweet
1/4 c. canola oil
1 egg
1/3 c. coconut milk Original recipe asked for buttermilk but I wanted more coconut flavor
1/2 c. crushed pineapple, undrained
1/2 t. coconut extract or coconut rum I used the rum, couldn't tell the difference really
1/2 c. sweetened coconut Could probably use more if you like the crunchiness

Preheat oven to 350.

In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

In a large bowl whisk together sugar, oil, coconut extract or coconut rum and egg until smooth.

Beginning and ending with dry ingredients, alternately whisk in flour mixture and coconut milk, beating until smooth. Stir in pineapple and sweetened coconut.

Fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake 22 minutes, or until the tops spring back lightly when touched. Allow cupcakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely. Frost & enjoy! I didn't really wait the 10 minutes, the cupcakes were eaten within 45 seconds, I believe.

I made 24 mini cupcakes

No comments: