Monday, May 14, 2012

Peanut Butter Bars

What I had:
  • 1/2 cup butter melted
  • 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used Skippy Honey Roasted Extra Chunk)
  • 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
What I did:
  • Mix together the butter, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar, and 1/2 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 8X8 glass baking pan.
  • Mix the 2 tbsp peanut butter and 3/4 cup chocolate chips in  a microwaveable bowl and melt, using 30 second increments. 
  • Spread over the prepared crust. 
  • Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares. 
 Why don't I have photos of the finished, cut product? Well, I took them to 2 different houses and they were all gone before I could take a photo.



Personally, I would prefer more peanut butter flavor, so next time, I will lower the graham cracker crumbs to peanut butter ratio, but others seemed to love it the way it was.

No comments: