Sunday, September 30, 2012

Slow cooker breakfast

What I had:
  • 32 oz frozen tater tots (you can use hashbrowns or O'brien style potatoes)
  • 2 medium onions, chopped
  • 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup julienne cut sun dried tomatoes
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan-Romano cheese
  • 12 eggs
  • salt, pepper to taste
What I did:
  • Cook garlic in a little bit of oil till fragrant, add onions and bell peppers and cook till slightly soft. Add sun dried tomatoes.
  • Spray the inside of your slow cooker (I have a 6 quart oval one)
  • Layer half of the frozen potatoes on the bottom
  • Spread the vegetable mixture on the potatoes
  • Spread half of both cheese on top of the vegetables
  • Repeat potatoes, veggies and cheese one more time
  • Beat eggs with salt and pepper and pour over the mixture
  • Cook on high for 4 hrs
  • ENJOY!
I wasn't sure from the look of it if it was good, but brunch guests raved about it. I didn't even get a before photo, so I apologize for the half eaten photo :)

No comments: