Friday, June 17, 2011

Second attempt at cake pops

Banana nut cake with cream cheese frosting

covered in peanut butter chocolate
And I am ready to buy a dipper, something like this. Because my microwave melting is not really helping with the dipping. I made some more cake balls/pops (I want to call them balls since I haven't put the lollipop sticks in them) yesterday. This flavors this time were banana nut cake with cream cheese frosting covered in a chocolate and peanut butter mix. They are delicious and I don't even like banana bread. But, the dipping once again sucked. It actually came out looking worse than before. I used chocolate chips this time which was what was used in many recipes I saw online. As you can see in the photo, it's not a smooth covering. (Sorry about the sucky iPhone photo, am at work or I'd use my Nikon for a better photo). I think I'll stick with bark or baking chocolate bars in the future and use a small fondue pot to do the dipping.

I am trying another flavor this weekend: carrot cake with walnut coconut frosting covered in white chocolate. Wish me luck.

No comments: