Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Slow cooker chicken and veggies

What I had:
  • 1 lb chicken breast fillets
  • 5 large garlic cloves, peeled
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth made from 1 bouillon cube
  • 1/2 cup dry cooking white wine
  • 1 can Mexican style corn
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1 cup frozen zuchhini
  • 2 tbs corn starch
  • salt, pepper to taste
What I did:
  • Place chicken on bottom of crock pot and season with salt and pepper on both sides
  • Place the garlic cloves around them
  • Pour the wine and broth over the chicken and cook on low for 7 hours
  • After it has cooked, discard all but 2 of the garlic cloves. Take out chicken and put it aside
  • I took the leftover sauce and added the corn starch (I had to add another 1/2 cup water) and pour it back into crock pot
  • Mix it all up till the little chicken bits and leftover garlic is all mixed together with the sauce
  • Put the chicken and sauce in a skillet, add in the frozen vegetables and the canned corn
  • Cook it till the sauce is thickened
  • Serve over pasta
Notes after eating: next time I'll just throw all the vegetables in the crock pot at the beginning. I'll make more sauce if needed at the end.

No comments: