Thursday, July 9, 2015

Slow cooker Korean pulled pork w/Siracha cole slaw

So, you'll see no measurements because I used all these ingredients but I was adding and tasting and adding and tasting till I liked what I tasted. Sorry!

What I had:
This all goes in the crock pot:
This is for the slaw:
What I did:
For the pork:
  • I placed the pork shoulder at the bottom of a 7 quart slow cooker.
  • I put all the other ingredients in  a mixing bowl and whisked them well, tasting as I went, adding bits of each ingredient till it tasted well to me.
  • Poured it over the pork shoulder.
  • Cooked on low for 10 hours.
  • Took the bones out.
  • Pulled meat out onto a cutting board.
  • Pulled most fat off and threw it away.
  • Poured sauce into a saucepan and set it on stove on low heat. Let it simmer for close to an hour.
  • Shredded meat with forks.
  • Put meat back in slow cooker and poured sauce over it.
  • Set it to low heat for a couple hours and then set it to warm for duration of party.
For the slaw:
  • Made the sauce by mixing everything but the slaw mix till I liked the taste .
  • Mixed in the slaw mix.
  • Aded more Sriracha ;-)
Served both with slider rolls!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I made this a week or two ago, and though it was different from yours, I thought it was good, and so did some friends who came to dinner!