Saturday, April 6, 2013

Oven baked breakfast casserole

We had friends coming over this morning and I promised them the slow cooker breakfast I have made before. The only problem was Oli decided to sleep in and by the time I got myself up and going, I didn't have the 4 hrs needed for my crock pot. So, I looked at some recipes online, looked at what was in my fridge and decided to try an oven casserole that could be baked in an hour. If I might say so myself, it was successful.



What I had:
  • 32 oz bag of tater tots
  • 10 eggs
  • 1 medium onion diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed and diced finely
  • Green Giant frozen vegetables (I had the antioxidant blend with the olive oil)
  • 1 cup shredded cheese, I used the Mexican mix

What I did:
  • Turned oven on to 350 degrees
  • Cooked the garlic on medium heat in a tablespoon of olive oil till we could smell it in the entire house
  • Added onions and cooked till they were soft and translucent
  • Added the frozen veggies and cooked till soft
  • Beat the 10 eggs in a large mixing bowl, added the vegetable mix and cheese to it
  • Added the tater tots and mix well
  • Poured into a greased 9X11 pan
  • Baked in the pre-heated oven for 1 hour or till the middle is cooked through
  • Served with some crescent rolls, scones and fresh fruit that friends are generous enough to bring over


No comments: