Friday, April 5, 2013

Meal planning

So y'all, I've been doing meal plans. A week in advance, for the next week. This has resulting in us eating out less, saving money on groceries and eating healthier. I plan my meals around what I have in my freezer and pantry, and what's on sale at the grocery store. I thought I'd start putting my meal plans here so I could keep an eye on it and link them to the recipes I am inspired by (because I never use the recipe as is). I'll also post successful recipes with whatever changes I make.

Weekday lunches aren't listed because those are leftovers.

So, the upcoming week or so looks like this for us:

Saturday 4/6: 
Brunch - slow cooker breakfast
Dinner - Going to the O's game so most probably out. I have a deal to Patrick's of Pratt Street, so maybe there.

Sunday 4/7:
Lunch: Costco since need foods from there :)
Dinner: slow cooker meatloaf

Monday 4/8: 
Dinner: chicken paprikash & home made spaetzle

Tuesday 4/9:
Dinner: spinach and beef casserole

Wednesday 4/10:
Dinner: man pleasing chicken

Thursday 4/11:
Dinner: baked eggs and spinach

Friday 4/12:
Dinner: pizza (Jeff and a friend are going to the Hops & Grass Festival at the Heavy seas Brewery, so it's the wives and children enjoying some ordered in pizza!)

Saturday 4/13:
Lunch: probably at Wegman's after grocery shopping
Dinner: double date at the Alehouse Columbia with friends

This week's heavier than most with going out, just seemed to happen that way. Usually, we only have 1 night of eating out and 1 lunch after grocery shopping.

No comments: